Information about the school
Alt Bridge Secondary Support Centre is larger than average for a community special school. It provides for students with an increasingly complex range of special educational needs and/or disabilities, including moderate and specific learning difficulties and speech, language and communication difficulties. The school established a base seven years ago to meet the specific needs of higher-achieving students with autistic spectrum conditions.
How effective is the provision?
Teachers and support assistants know the students very well and have high expectations for what they can achieve.Teachers use lessons and pastoral sessions very successfully to remind students how well they are doing and what they need to do to improve further. Students contribute to the evaluation of their own work.There is a ‘can-do’ ethos in the school with constant encouragement of students to raise their self-esteem and to enable them to enjoy success.
Why choose Alt Bridge?
• Small class sizes
• Highly Differentiated Support
• Specialist ASC provision KS3-KS5
• Personalised Learning
• Social and Communication Base
• Destinations include full time employment
• Tailored qualifications including Entry Level,
Functional Skills and GCSE’s
• Ages 11-19 and beyond
• Specialist Secondary SEN Staff
• On Site Speech and Language Support
• Complex Needs addressed
• Extensive social mobility programme
• Building self-confidence
• Fostering self-esteem
• Individual Support Packages
• Tailored Pupil Centered Transition Plans
• Whole school PGL residential offered
• Duke of Edinburgh Award
• Children’s University